Monday, July 6, 2009

Got my trophy 2009

As I look back on this past year I see a lot of work done. Times when the body said "Stay home", and the mind saying "How bad do you want it"?

To me Racewalking is not as pleasant as running and many times I had to motivate myself to go out and train. The pull of getting another finisher trophy and not breaking the string of 6 consective over the age of 70 finishes was strong enough to overcome any excuse to put off training.

My friend Randy and I did Intervals on the track, up hill runs and a couple of 5 milers to ready ourselves for Mattapoisett. We completed the Fathers day 5k as a training run. Randy did an 11 minute mile pace while I maintained a 14 minute mile pace.

Mr flue visited Randy on the 3rd of July and I had to run the Mattapoisett 5 miler without my training partner. I finished with a 14 minute 13 second mile pace. A total time of 1 hour 11 minutes and 3 seconds. Good enough to place 989 out of 1026 finishers.

I got my 7th finishers trophy which I proudy added to my collection. Remarkably I was the only returning aged 70 and over entry from last year. I finished 4th out of this years 5 entrants.

Now back to body building and keeping fit so as to Racewalk Mattapoisett in 2010.

No comments: